Should Jumpstart Germantown Come to Reading?
Jumpstart Germantown, is a unique community development program, spearheaded by Philly Office Retail, works to revitalize the Germantown section of Philadelphia, and surrounding communities through training, mentoring, networking and providing financial resources to local aspiring developers. Jumpstart uses a collaborative approach to real estate development, emphasizing the sharing of resources and information, because we can do more together than we can do alone.
- creates opportunities for local residents to invest and develop in their neighborhoods
- builds wealth locally
- supports scattered-site rehabilitation (as opposed to urban renewal)
- encourages a healthy mix of affordable and market-rate housing
- improves neighborhood safety and raises property values through blight reduction
- helps first-time investors become more attractive to traditional lenders
- promotes diversity, changing the face of real estate development ump
The Jumpstart model has expanded and now there are 6 independent training programs in the City of Philadelphia. In the last couple years communities outside of Philadelphia have also launched their own Jumpstart Training Programs, including Norristown; Harrisburg; Pottstown; Coatesville; Wilmington, Delaware; and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Should Jumpstart Come to Reading?